Birth and Death
The main functions of the department are:
- Registration of birth records and interaction with hospitals Nursing home etc. for the same.
- Issuance of Birth Certificate
- Registration of Death and issuance of Death Certificate.
- Maintenance of Death and Birth records
- Maintenance of the records of crematorium and Burial Ground.
- Providing stuff like for respectful disposal of dead bodies.
Birth/Death Registration:-I. IMPORTANT GENERAL INFORMATION
1) Birth or Death certificates can be obtained only if the event of birth or death is registered with the Dhupguri Municipality.
2) Under the existing rules any event of the birth or death is to be compulsorily registered within 1 year of its occurrence.
3) Delayed registration beyond one year of occurrence of birth or death can only be done on the basis of orders of Executive / 1st Class Magistrate of the Jalpaiguri area.
4) Births or deaths occurring in places within the area under Dhupguri jurisdiction can only be registered by the Dhupguri.
II. PROCEDURE TO OBTAIN BIRTH CERTIFICATES
A. For Birth events occurring in Private Hospitals / Nurshing Homes in Dhupguri
1) Birth certificates can be obtained from the concerned office of the Health Officer usually after 6 weeks from the date of birth, subject to the condition that all birth events are reported in prescribed registration format by the private hospitals / nurshing homes within 21 days from the date of occurrence to concerned Health Officer as a mandatory requirement.
2) Name of child can be inserted at the time of taking birth certificates by the parents or a relative authorised by the parents in writing.
B. For birth occurring in Govt. Hospitals in Dhupguri
1) Birth certificates can be obtained from the concerned Ward Health Office upto a period of 1 (one) year from the date of birth on production of medical certificate of birth issued by the hospital.
2) Name of child can be inserted at the time of taking birth certificate by the parents or a relative authorised by the parents in writing.
C. For Domiciliary birth events:1) Domiciliary events of birth shall be reported by the Head of family to the concerned Ward Health Unit for registration within a month but not later than 1 year along with production of medical certificate of birth issued by a Medical Practitionar / Midwife / Traditional Birth Attendant. Birth certificate can be obtained on the spot from the Ward Health Unit.
2) Birth certificates in respect of domiciliary events not reported within one year can be obtained on delayed registration on the basis of orders of First Class Magistrate of Dhupguri Municipal area from the concerned Health Officer [up to 20 years].
III. PROCEDURE TO OBTAIN DEATH CERTIFICATES:
1) In cases when dead bodies are brought to Crematorium or Burial Ground under Dhupguri Municipal area for disposal - Death events only in the Dhupguri Municipal area are registered in the Crematorium or Burial Ground and death certificates are issued from there on the spot. 2) In cases when dead bodies, death events of which have taken place in Dhupguri Municipal area are disposed of in place outside Dhupguri Municipal area-